THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO OBESITY
From our previous topic, it is clear that having an overall healthy lifestyle may be beneficial to you. The ultimate problem is what you should do actually to manage or prevent obesity. First of all, individual management is preferred. Not all the points are applicable to everyone. According to your obesity (more or less), affordability, determination level, the management plan should be made.
For a lazy person, if you give him/her some hard exercises, he/she is never going to do and ultimately the obesity is never going to be managed.
Without wasting your time, I want to tell you about some exercises which you can easily do and yes, they are effective.
SIMPLE DAILY EXERCISES THAT YOU CAN DO WITHOUT HASSLE
- Spot Jogging for 15-30 minutes as per your work burden. Obviously, doing it for almost 30 minutes daily can give you a better result
- Flat Sit-Ups: Lie down on a floor/bed, then, try to rise up the upper part of the body while keeping the lower portion with the bed/floor. Do this for a minimum 20 times a day. Try to increase to 100 times a day. This may give you some abdominal muscle pain for the first few days.
- Simple Inhaling and Forceful and Fast Exhaling: Do this for 30 minutes every day can help to lose belly fat.
- Push Ups: You can do this but this will help you to lose weight a lot because most of the pressure goes to the hand, biceps, triceps, shoulder joint. In this blog, we are not discussing building a muscular body rather we are discussing how to lose weight.
- Simply Raise your Legs: Maybe alternatively or both, but, continue for at least 30 minutes. Sometimes, try to keep the leg high up for seconds like 30 seconds. This will burn belly fat, help you to lose your weight
- Try to take fewer vehicles while going to somewhere. If time and work permit you, always try not to take a bus, train, etc, rather walk. Walk fast for a faster metabolism.
- Voluntarily press your belly, that is, depress your abdomen (not with your hand) and then again relax. You can do this for 15-20 minutes or you may also do in between your work, the whole day.
- Simply you can ride a bicycle while lying on the bed or floor. That means, drive a bicycle with legs while lying on the bed. Lie on the bed and keep one leg little spread and one leg close to the chest. Now move the farther one closer to a chest and simultaneously move closer one too far from you. Do this alternatively for 20-40 minutes.
FOODS/DRINKS THAT INCREASES YOUR METABOLISM AND DECREASES YOUR WEIGHT
- Water: Very simple. If you add water to a chemical process it will react or go forward direction quickly. So, in our body, the chemical process of using stored energy can be made quicker by adding water to our body. So, drink water, do not go thirsty. When you feel thirsty, that means, you are mildly dehydrated and your metabolism is already slower. So, do not give a chance to make it slower. As a preventive method, drink water from time to time.
- Minerals: Iron, zinc, selenium-rich foods. Because if these minerals are deficient, your thyroid gland cannot make sufficient hormones which will make your metabolism again slower. Fortified cereal, lean meat can be a good source of minerals.
- Chilli: It contains a chemical known as capsaicin which can increase your metabolism. So, eat spicy food within your limit.
- Ginger Tea: A study shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it can burn 43 more calories than drinking water alone. Again, tea is also found to increase metabolism. We recommend you to drink ginger tea. A great combination with some healthy snacks during the evening.
- There are many foods which can increase metabolism. Like green vegetables. In most Weight Loss Tips, you can find oatmeals, fibre-rich foods, protein-rich foods are advised. If you add these foods, the portion of fatty foods will decrease and you will not gain weight. So, this is a good idea to increase lentils, broccoli, green leafy vegetables which also contain minerals, increasing your BMR.
Other Passive Tips To Lose Your Weight In Your Busy Schedule
- If You are IT professionals, doctors or have to do desk jobs, try to walk or move your body/exercise time to time, standing at the same place
- Join some Health Forum. Because daily, some tips are posted there. It will be easier for you to choose and maintain those tips passively.
- You should also know Why You get Obese? Read This
- You should also have an idea of how blood pressure, lifestyle, and foods are interrelated? Read This to have some idea.
Contributed By Dr Dipan Samanta:
Dr Dipan Samanta maintains a Health Website, MBBS, Associate Member (Royal College Of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK), Founder Owner (MedBlog18.com) and Consultant Physician at HealthCareMagic.com and Lybrate.com.